Ep. #22 Why Gatorade Invested $10 Million to Help Create a More Inclusive Sports World, ft. Carolyn Braff
In Ep. #22, Caroline sits down with Carolyn Braff, the Head of Marketing and Brand Strategy at Gatorade. In this episode, Carolyn breaks down why it's a business imperative of Gatorade's to invest in creating a more inclusive sports world - and specifically, why they're working to create equal opportunities for girls in sports.
In her role as Gatorade's Head of Brand Strategy, Carolyn has made investing in women’s sports is a key part of the brand's overarching marketing strategy. Most notably, in the past year Gatorade has put forth two key initiatives to support this strategy which include:
1) The establishment of Gatorade Women’s Advisory Board with board members that include:
- Carolyn Braff, Gatorade Head of Marketing and Brand Strategy
- Maddie Bregman, GirlZ, CEO
- Jennifer Brunelli, Sports Nutrition RDpro
- Tanna Burge, Texas A&M, Director of Sports Performance
- Aminah Charles, Beats by Dre, Sports Marketing Manager
- Elena Delle Donne, WNBA Champion, two-time MVP and Olympic Gold Medalist
- Gina Hardy, Tonal, Senior Vice President of Marketing
- Nicole LaVoi, Director of the Tucker Center for Research on Girls & Women in Sport
- Sydney McLaughlin, Team USA Track & Field Olympian
- Candace Parker, WNBA Champion, WNBA MVP, Olympic Gold Medalist, and NBA and NCAA analyst for Turner Sports
- April Ross, AVP Champion, seven-time AVP MVP and two-time Olympic medalist
- Sarah Spain, ESPN Sports Reporter and Chicago Red Stars Co-Owner
- Aleia Taylor, Women's Sports Foundation, CMO
- Abby Wambach, Women's World Cup Champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist
2) An investment of $10 million to 5 sports-focused social impact organizations which include: Athlete Ally, Good Sports, Honest Game Foundation, Laureus USA, and the Women's Sports Foundation.
In this episode, hear Carolyn break talk more about these initiatives and why Gatorade is putting their food on the gas to keep pushing for the creation of a more equitable sports world.
Full episode available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Amazon Music.